AfReSlide (2013-2018) is a scientific project funded by the Belgian Federal Scientific Policy (Belspo), as part of the Belgian Research Action through Interdisciplinary Networks (BRAIN-be). Specific objectives:
- To produce landslide susceptibility maps and identify return periods of landslide-triggering rainfall events in order to estimate landslide hazards in the 4 representative areas;
- To analyze the types of elements at risk (immaterial and material) and their exposure, and to develop a methodology to economically value the consequences;
- To assess resilience strategies at household and at policy levels;
- To analyze the cultural premises underlying perceptions of environmental threats, to describe land rights and land management, and to identify culturally acceptable resilience strategies;
- To produce hazard and risk maps develop a toolbox to identify the most effective and acceptable resilience strategies.